Interesting home-buyer stats!
More Buyers are using Realtors!
Home Buyer Statistics
- First-Time vs. Repeat Buyers:
- First-time buyers: 38%
- Median age of first-time buyers: 31
- Median age of repeat buyers: 52
- Median household income of first-time buyers: $64,400
- Median household income of repeat buyers: $96,000
- The typical home purchased in 2013 was 1,900 square feet in size, was built in 1992, and had three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- Among those who financed their home purchase, buyers typically financed 90% of the home price.
- 88% of buyers purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker—a share that has steadily increased from 69 percent in 2001.
- Buyers who definitely would use same agent again: 73%
- Information sources used in home search:
- Real estate agent: 89%
- Yard sign: 51%
- Mobile of tablet website or application: 45%
- Open house: 45%
- Mobile or tablet search engine: 42%
- Print newspaper advertisement: 23%